REASONS TO LOVE AUTUMN
Here’s my list of Autumnal pleasures:
- Kicking up leaves – who can resist?
- Time to pull on a woolly hat!
- Sit by a real fire.
- Pour yourself a glass of rich-bodied, red wine.
- Frost! And frosty breath fun with your little (or big) one.
- Darker mornings (I know, not everyone’s cup of tea, but I love them!)
- Waking up to the sound of rain pitter-pattering on the window (ditto above, in brackets).
- Conkers! Leaves of every colour! Seeds! Collecting them all!
- Squirrel spotting.
- Damp earth imparting its musty smell. Mushrooms!
- Cinammon and spice-scented candles.
- The light! Golden, magical, warm (occasionally).
- Drinking your first hot chocolate of the colder seasons (made the Italian way, so thick you can stand a spoon in it).
- Front row seats to the show Nature’s been busy planning the whole year long.
- Bed socks (not worn in bed at all, instead worn whilst curled up on the sofa watching Downton Abbey).